With their wiggly tails and tiny paws, puppies may seem irresistibly adorable. But they're also a lot of work. They require training, socialization, lots of exercise and almost constant activity. If you are looking to adopt but don't have the time to devote to 3am potty breaks and hours of obedience training, a senior dog might be the perfect pet for you!
Senior dogs make wonderful companions. They are often much more laid-back than their younger canine counterparts, but are just as cute and affectionate. Plus, dogs live well into their teenage years and have plenty of love left to give.
Here are some great reasons to adopt a senior dog:
- They are most often housetrained and obedience trained—no need to teach an old dog new tricks!
- Senior dogs have lower energy levels and demand less exercise and activity.
- Their personalities are already established—what you see is what you get.
- They know the difference between their toys and your expensive shoes or furniture.
- They are less energetic than puppies, and are content to join you for a nap on the couch.
- They settle into the home and family routine more quickly and easily—no nighttime feedings or potty breaks.
All these qualities and more make senior dogs the perfect low-key pet for folks with busy lives and hectic schedules.
And during the month of October, we're offering $50 adoption fees
for all adult dogs who are seven years and older! If you're looking for a loving and devoted companion, look
no further than a senior PAWS pooch.