On Sunday, June 27, PAWS will have a float in the annual Seattle Pride Parade – and we want you to join us!
We are inviting our fabulous supporters to walk alongside the PAWS van, and your canine friends are welcome too. Here are a few things you should know:
- The time commitment will be from approximately 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- All dogs participating must be “parade-appropriate”: well-socialized with other dogs and people, friendly and able to handle a very energetic environment for up to four or five hours.
- Friends and family are welcome. If you know someone who has adopted from PAWS, invite them too. We’d love to see as many alumni as possible!
- No dogs? Not to worry – if you don’t have a dog to walk with, there will be a limited number of volunteer positions available “sans-canine” –just let us know.
- Dogs only please! Kitties, iguanas and other companion animals must stay at home.
All parade participants (dogs and people alike) must be registered ahead of time. Contact me with your questions and to sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425.787.2500 x833.
For more information on the Seattle Pride Parade and festival, visit www.seattlepride.org. Can’t join us for the Pride Parade? Don’t worry – PAWS will also be taking part in the annual Greenwood Seafair Parade on Wednesday, July 28 as well! Just e-mail me to let me know you are interested.